I was the lead visual and UX designer for Unite students as the company was scaling up it’s digital profile internally and externally
My main projects/responsibilities at Unite Students were:
- Leading the management and visuals of large scale digital projects including: New website design across the key customer purchase journey, alternative language websites (Chinese), News and articles site and the Student app.
- Smaller scale project management and visuals of projects including: Brand development, photography, display advertising, email design/code and smaller iterative web and digital changes to products and services.
- Managing and mentoring junior and mid-weight creatives including 1-2-1’s, roadmap planning and
- Supporting E-commerce manager and web manager with development planning including ticket writing, leading development sessions and overseeing the development process.
- Championing user research and user testing internally and performing regular usability and user-testing sessions.
- Supporting all marking, email, web, motion graphics and advertising visual needs.
- Point of contact for brand and visuals with agencies who took on overflow projects.
Designing and leading the development on the Chinese version of the Unite Students website was a highlight for me. Done during the months of November and December 2015 with a small team and resource as a proof of concept. The website has increased the international understanding and lead to happier customers from China and increased conversion.
Unite Students had a very fun brand which often called for custom illustrations for key campaigns.
The animated display adverts that we created in-house after the previous year being agency led were incredibly successful and led to more clicks and sales than the previous creative. It also streamlined the process within the company as our stakeholders were closer to the key visual decisions.
The software used in this role includes: the full Adobe Creative suite, Invision, Photography, Remote Usertesting, Jira, Front-end coding in Sublime text 2 with php.